- Nonrefundable $500 deposit due by January 31st to reserve a spot, balance due March 15th
- We require all travelers to carry single trip health insurance
- We will provide detailed travel information and timelines to all travelers including:
- Passport & Visa Information
- Immunizations, CDC Health Recommendations, & Food Safety
- Recommended Packing List
- Price of trip does not include: International airfare, alcoholic beverages, pre-trip immunizations (*can be expensive, call your local travel clinic for pricing and check with your health insurer to find out if they might cover a portion of any immunizations), visa fee ($51), passport fee (if applicable), single trip health insurance. Some, but not all, meals are included.
trip details & disclaimer
Min. 8 Maximum. 16
Flights & Arrival
Please do not book your flight until we have confirmed that the trip has filled. At that time, we will recommend flights for any travelers who wish to travel together or you may book a flight independently. You are welcome to arrive at any time on the day of arrival. We will collect all travel details and arrange for pick-up upon your arrival in Nairobi, so long as you arrive on the first day of our scheduled itinerary. While you are welcome to arrive prior to the scheduled itinerary arrival date or depart after our final day we can recommend drivers and accommodation, but coordination and booking for days outside of the itinerary is not included.
This trip does not require serious physical fitness, however, traveling in Kenya involves walking, long drives, and poor road conditions. We will cover long distances on safari and as we travel across the country. You will be expected to carry your own luggage during the trip, so pack accordingly! We will provide a recommended packing list.
Most accommodations will have electricity with the exception of the two nights we spend at the eco-lodge. This is a rustic camp-like facility, run by the Maasai people, and does not have electricity.
The power supply in Kenya is 240V, 50Hz with British Type G sockets. Variable voltage, spikes and sporadic, unexpected, unscheduled power cuts of varying duration can be expected.
Meals will be a mix of traditional Kenyan food and Western style options. We will do our best to accommodate food allergies, however, if you have severe allergies we do recommend packing some alternative snacks just in case. Bottled drinking water will be provided throughout the trip.
- Hotel/Guest House in Nairobi – (comfortable with electricity)
- Maasai Eco-Camp – (tents with mattresses, bedding, and shared bathroom facilities, no electricity)
- Hotel on the Coast – (mix of ocean view and garden view standard rooms with bathroom, air conditioning, and hot showers)
- Safari Lodge – (unique canvas safari tents with electricity, ensuite bathrooms, hot showers, beds, and panoramic views of Lumo Community Sanctuary- you may even catch a glimpse of Mount Kilimanjaro on a clear day!)
All accommodations on this trip were carefully chosen for experiential learning. This is not meant to be a 5-star luxury trip, however, we hope you will be more than comfortable! With the exception of our camp-like facilities at the Maasai eco-camp, other sites will have electricity. However, electricity could come and go throughout the night. Internet will be available in some, but not all locations. You should not drink the tap water while in Kenya. We will provide water for drinking and the hotels and lodges will provide water for brushing your teeth.
Every Intentional Tour is led by an experienced traveler and educator, and supplemented by local experts on topics ranging from culture, religion, tribal issues, economic development, poverty reduction, ethical tourism, and environmental sustainability. Our trips are meant to open a new world of wonder, both through seeing natural beauty and encountering new cultures, but also through intellectual curiosity and exploration. Each day will end with a debrief, which is intended to provide our travelers with university-level thinking and dialogue as they consider their experiences. In addition, a selection of optional pre-trip readings will be suggested, in order to enhance the learning and growth experience for those who chose to begin their learning ahead of time.
The itinerary featured by Intentional Tours, LLC is provided in good faith, but is subject to slight change as necessary as we work to provide you with the best experience.
Although we do not anticipate an issue, if for any reason we deem the behavior of a participant on the trip to be incompatible with the safety or comfort of other members of the group, we reserve the exclusive right and discretion to dismiss that person at any time. Intentional Tours, LLC will not be responsible for the cost of any traveler who must return home early.
All travelers will be required to sign and return a Release and Waiver Agreement. Any pre-existing physical, mental, or emotional disability that may require attention or treatment should be reported prior to the beginning of the trip.